Coventry University Chinese Student Market Research Project - Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. The prize draw is open to all Chinese nationals aged 18 years or over 18 years, except employees of the Coventry University, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
2. Upon participation of the “Chinese Student Market Research Project” (“the Project”) you will be automatically entered into the prize draw if a participant provides a valid email address. Only one entry per participant is permitted.
3. The opening date for entries is 00:00 on 24 October 2020. The closing date of the prize draw is 16:00 on 8 November 2020. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
4. Coventry University accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
5. Five (5) winners will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 13 November 2020 (“Draw Date”).
6. Each winner will receive one of the five Amazon Gift Vouchers, including £100 x1, £50 x1, £25 x 3.
7. The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) before 19 November 2020 and must provide a valid email address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Coventry University within 7 days of being notified by Coventry University, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Coventry University will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
8. The prize will be sent to the winner by email within 7 days of being notified of their win.
9. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
10. The prize is supplied by Amazon, 60 Holborn Viaduct, Holborn, London, EC1A 2FD, United Kingdom (the “Supplier”). The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Coventry University’s control makes it necessary to do so.
奖品由亚马逊提供，地址：60 Holborn Viacuct，Holborn，London，EC1A 2FD，United Kingdom（“供应商”）。如因特殊情况，考文垂大学有权用同等或更高价值的奖品代替该奖品。
11. The decision of Coventry University regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
12. Coventry University must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation Coventry University will send the surname of major prize winners and to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org or writes to Coventry University Priory Street, Coventry, CV1 5FB (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one (1) month after the closing date stated in condition 4. If you object to any or all of your surname, and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Matt Dyer at email@example.com or Jingjing Zheng firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, Coventry University must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
考文垂大学必须公布或提供已颁发有效奖励的信息。为了履行这一义务，任何在条件4规定的截止日期后一个月内，发送邮件至cor064@coventry.ac.uk或是写信至考文垂大学（Coventry University Priory Street, Coventry, CV1 5FB，CV1 5FB，信封上附上姓名）提出相关要求的人，考文垂大学将会回复获奖者的姓氏。如果您反对将您的姓氏公布或是提供给他人，请联系Matt Dyer（email@example.com）或是Jingjing Zheng （firstname.lastname@example.org）。在这种情况下，考文垂大学仍必须根据要求将获奖相关信息提交至广告标准管理局。
13. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Coventry University reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
14. Coventry University reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. Insofar as is permitted by law, Coventry University, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Coventry University, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
16. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion will only be processed as set out in Schedule 1 to these Terms.
17. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
18. These Terms are drafted in the English Language and have been translated into Chinese. The English language version of this agreement shall prevail if there is a conflict.
Schedule 1 - Privacy Statement 附表1 《隐私声明》
In compliance with General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”) and Data Protection Act 2018 (“DPA”) together referred in this section as Data Protection Legislation, Coventry University is the Data Controller for the personal data you provide for the purpose of administering the Project.
根据2016年《通用数据保护条例》（“GDPR”：General Data Protection Regulation）和2018年《数据保护法》（“DPA”：Data Protection Act）–以上条例在本声明中统称为《数据保护法》，考文垂大学将以执行此项目为目的掌管您所提交的个人信息。
This Privacy Statement outlines a summary of how Coventry University processes your personal data for the purposes of your participation in the Project. For further information about how Coventry University processes your personal data, please see our Student Privacy Notice at:
Processing of your personal data:
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Where we store your personal data:
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Paper copies of your data may also be stored securely by Coventry University.
Security of your data:
We will ensure that appropriate measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
We have in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction. We will only transfer personal data to a third party if they agree to comply with those procedures and policies, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
Maintaining data security means guaranteeing the confidentiality, integrity and availability (for authorised purposes) of the personal data.
Who do we provide your data to:
We will send you the invitation to participate in the Project, as well as sending subsequent reminder emails regarding completion of the survey for the Project.
Where we share your personal data with any third parties we require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long we retain your data:
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Your rights 您的权利
The Data Protection Act 2018 provides greater protection for individuals. You will have the right, under the GDPR, to 《2018年数据保护法》为个人提供进一步的保护。根据GDPR，您有权：
- withdraw, at any time, any consent which you may have given to our processing of your personal data;
- ask for confirmation of whether or not your personal data is being processed, and if so to ask for a copy of the personal data we are processing together with information including:
- why we are processing it;我们处理数据的目的；
- what types of personal data we are processing; 个人数据处理类型；
- who we are or will share your personal data with; 个人数据分享第三方；
- how long we will keep your personal data; 个人数据储存时长；
- the existence of your other rights in relation to the processing of the personal data; 与处理个人数据有关的其他权利；
- where we have obtained your personal information from someone else, who we got it from; 个人数据获取渠道
- where personal data is subject to automated decision making, meaningful information about the logic involved and the significance and likely consequences for you as a result of processing in this way. 个人数据处理受限于决策及逻辑、以及通过这种方式处理对您的重要性和可能产生的后果。
- request information about the safety measures which are in place if your personal data is transferred outside of the UK and European Economic Area;
- request us to correct any inaccurate personal data, which we hold about you or to have incomplete personal data about you completed;
- request erasure of your personal data (also known as the right to be forgotten);
- restrict how we handle your personal data;
- request us to transfer your personal data to someone else;
- object to the processing of your personal data where we process that information on the basis of a public interest task or on the basis that it is in our legitimate interest to process it;
- to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- not to be subject to a decision made by the automated processing of your information, including profiling, which would have a legal effect on you;
Please see our Student Privacy Notice for a more detailed explanation of these rights:
If you would like to exercise any of your rights under the DPA you can complete the subject access request or you can contact the DPO by email email@example.com or by post Information Governance Unit, ABG15, Alan Berry Building, Priory Street, Coventry, CV1 5FB.
如果您想行使《数据保护法》赋予的任何权利，您可以向我们提出要求访问您的个人信息，或是发送电子邮件至dpo@coventry.ac.uk，或发送邮件至地址ABG15，Alan Berry Building，Priory Street，Coventry，CV1 5FB，与DPO取得联系。
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee compliance with this Privacy Notice. If you have any concerns of complaints about it, please contact the Data Protection Officer at the Information Governance Unit, Coventry University, Priory Street, Coventry CV1 5FB or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
我们已委任一名资料保护工作人员，以监察本私隐声明的遵守情况。如果您对此有任何投诉，请通过Information Governance Unit, Coventry University, Priory Street, Coventry CV1 5FB联系该工作人员或发送电子邮件至dpo@coventry.ac.uk。
If you are not satisfied with the proposed resolution of your complaint, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk or via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new Privacy Notice when we make any substantial updates. From time to time, we may also notify you in other ways, about the processing of your personal data.